Monday, August 9, 2010

Lavender "Pillow" for Etsy-----and a beautifull package from A Little Bit French

For many years I have collected those little round "Flacons", french used word here,
for little round table-cloths that we used to place under vases,or candleholders....

I have used them for angelwings, but today I suddenly got this nice
idea!  I folded it over,placed a bag inside filled with Lavender,
and then collaged it on the front.


I used old laces, buttons, made a rag-rose, and
sewed on a vintage photo ,copied on cloth.

I love to imagine ,that this woman could have knitted the -flacon!!!!
It can hang in the lace wound wirethread.
***********************************************

Last week, I fell so in love with one of Rhondas (A Little Bit  French) notebooks,and some
wonderfull laces, That I had to buy it. And after 9-10 dayes it was here.

When opening ,I first found this wonderfull bunch of lace,
together with another (right corner) soft colored piece lace, and,the piece of cotton
closed with a wonderfull  pin and a tiny holy emblem, all gifts, from this sweetie.


And those two packages , aren`t they beautifull?
Inside one was this small sweet notebook,see
all the laces and wonderfull ribbons, dear Rhonda have used around the edges,
and the sweet little charm.
I love it Rhonda.

A little peak inside!!

Do you remember the brown Paris-envelope from phote above?
Look what this dear lady had hide inside!!
Lots of wonderfull french inspired tags, they are gorgeus,
Thankyou so very much dear friend.
Rhonda also gifted me with the big bunch of the softest beautifull lace (in upper
right corner), the same as I had ordered from her,that you can see, in the
sweet stamped cloth pin.


 I so adore it,and the sweet stamp on the cloth pin,too, that
hold the lace I had ordered.
Dear Rhonda, it was the most beautifull, and lovely gifts you send me ,
I love it all very much,sweet friend,-Thankyou ever so much, I`m overwhelmed,and you made me so
happily smiling.


It is nine o`clock and I want to go wisit some of you,
so Happy day and evening to all,--- all around the world.
I send you hugs, and love.
Dorthe

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wings are so beautiful. xox Corrine

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

What a lovely idea....you and Diane are some creators !

Nice idea.

Rose

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

I really like your lavender filled hanger with all the lace. It is so feminine and vintage. It looks like you received a lovely package as well. Take care, Connie

sharon said...

I think your lavender pillow is fantastic Dorthe!! I love the shape, the women, the whole thing! It is my new favorite of yours!!

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Dorthe,

Love your sweet lavender pillow and the beautiful notebook and laces you bought.
Everything is so pretty and romantic with the old photographs.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Suztats said...

This is a lovely idea! What a fragrant pretty to add to a clothes hanger, or place in a drawer to scent one's niceties.

Lisa said...

Dorthe,
You get the best mail my friend. All the way in Denmark too! You keep your post man busy. Love the beautiful lavender pillows, the images used are wonderful! Lisa

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

What a clever idea, sweet friend! It looks like a little handbag and it's so very lovely!!!
Your purchase from Rhonda is pretty too. How sweet to add all those goodies for you. Have fun playing :-)!!!
Have a great day and I send lots of kys og knus to the other side of the pond,
Julia

Sandy said...

Oh Dorteh your wings are beautiful.
So great idea and gorgeous work. Love them. Have a great day my friend. Hugs.

My Creative House said...

Dorthe your lavender "pillow" is so beautiful, great idea, hvor er den blevet fin og meget romantisk, du er bare så kreativ,håber du må få en dejlig dag min ven, tak for snakken i dag.
Kærlig hilsen Anni

Anonymous said...

Dorthe, your sachet is absolutely breath taking! Elegant too!
And all of the treasures from Rhonda....! Oh my! She makes the most delicious things, doesn't she! I just won her last French Friday! I cannot wait until it arrives!
Again...love, love, love your sachet!
Hugs and blessings,
Diane

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Dorthe,
your lavender pillow is to die for.
GORGEOUS! Love all the items you bought.
Have a wonderful day and big hugs.
Marie

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Flacon must be the same as Doily. So much prettier in French! And what you made (as always) is just beautiful.

Lisa said...

Dorthe.. you are on a roll creating so many lovely things for your shop..you are truly inspired!

Jillayne said...

Another beautiful, creative idea Dorthe; it is just lovely and teh photograph is perfect! What a great way to make the most of a beautiful piece of needlework!

Gabriela said...

So, so beautiful!!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I adore your sweet pillow! What a darling image and fantastic design. the lace is breathtaking!gorgeous work!

Alisa Noble said...

What a great idea for the lavender, Dorthe! It's so pretty!

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Lovely project, you made it look fantastic! And I adore that notebook you got, thanks for sharing these. Hope you have a great day!

Ineke Original said...

Fantastic!

The Feathered Nest said...

Dear precious Dorthe, I'm so IN LOVE with your gorgeous sachet!!!! It is so very beautiful!!!! And the parcel of treasures is just amazing ~ can you believe how many wonderful friends that we've made here? I hope you have a great weekend Dorthe, sending you hugs and love, Dawn

Alexandra said...

Dorthe was für eine geniale Idee mit dem Lavendelspitzendecken. Super klasse! liebe Grüße Alexandra

Ann said...

What a fabulous post Dorthe - love your lavender pillow. I've been making them with torn lace scraps too recently.

Viola said...

Was für eine zauberhafte Idee, Dorthe! Und es ist traumhaft schön geworden, Du Liebe!

The Rustic Victorian said...

What wonders I am enjoying, this catching up here is very inspiring and beautiful!
Love *M*