Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The most wonderfull and unexpected gift


After having worked in my studio, yesterday in the morning, I went inside for lunch, and on the
kitchentable my husbond left the post...... among other things, I spottet a yellow envelope!!
And that meant foreign post....

I got so exited when seing that the sender was Diane Knott. I have followed Diane for some
time now, and am so very taken with her beautifull art. As a matter of fact I had just ordered some of her very special tags ,two dayes before ,this gift reached me,from across the ocean.
The first thing I saw was this beautifull card. I so love Diane`s use of old drawings, that she
makes so wonderfull use of,together with her altered bits and pieces.

Just look here, is`nt it gorgeus? I so love the ovals with the sweet images on---how dear Diane do you cut them images so precise? this is such a beautifull work of art.



And this tag ,I tell you my photo don`t do it right, it is so full of beauty


As is this two sweet tags,.........




One more special gooddie was tucket into this gorgeus gift,-a "Tag-Welope" kit
of Diane`s, full of her own sweet and wonderfull paper-cutouts,all in beige and brown
tones.

Se here,-I can`t wait to try making some special wonderfull things with all this.



Dear sweet Diane, this was a gift so full of beauty, --your art is lovely, and so perfect in making,-full of sweet small experiences,and wonders for the eyes.
I still can`t believe you just sent all this to me.
Thankyou from my heart, dear.
You gave me a very happy day.
**************************************************************
I hope you all have had a beautifull day,--some of you almost just started the day----
and wishes all you dear friends, a lovely evening.
Hugs and love, Dorthe

18 comments:

marie said...

What beautiful treasures you received from Diane ~ she is such a sweet lady!

I'm sure you will create some wonderful things!

I enjoy my visits to your blog very much.

Lisa said...

Dorthe,
I saw a teaser on Dianes blog a couple of days ago about these. Love it all Dorthe. Yes, I am also in LOVE with everything Diane does, such a talent. Most of all tho, she is so real. Always there to advise or help. Can't say enough good things. You are the same way sweetie, that's why good things happen for you! Did you see my blog, did you see how i want to come see you one day! Oh, I forgot to tell you. Cloth, Paper, Scissors the magazine I sent copies of has a story this month on the erosion bundle! I'll send it. Lisa

Diane said...

Oh, it's like going back into another era--lovely!!

Debby said...

HOw sweet of Diane to send such a wonderful package, full of gorgeous things. Love the tags.
Debby

Createology said...

So very sweet of Diane and I am certain you will make something wonderful from the "tag velope". Isn't blogland amazing? Happy creating...

Vicki Boster said...

Dorthe -What beautiful presents you have received today! Diane is a sweetie and she knows just what you love!

I hope you are having fun working in your shop. You must show us some pictures of the shop soon! I just know it is filled with so many of your lovlies!

Vicki

Beth Leintz said...

Amazing how Diane made beautiful drawings even prettier- and what fun to have your own tag kit!

Anne Lorys said...

What a lovely surprise, Dorothe!

That Diane is one of the sweetest, most thoughtful people ever.

Hugs,
Anne

Rustique Gal said...

Dear Dorthe,
I'm hooked on Diane's lovely art kits and tags too. She is so prolific too. She creates them every day. I do my pieces in fits and starts. When I won a tagvelope kit I got started in a different direction. Having fun with it. Enjoy yours-I know you will create something lovely!
Sherry

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Was für eine schöne Überraschung, liebe Dorthe! Die Tags gefallen mir besonders gut und ich weiß, dass Du mit dem Kit selbst wunderschöne Tags kreiren wirst! Viel Spaß damit!
Ganz liebe Grüße und einen wunderschönen Tag!
Kys og knus,
Julia

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Whow..you are a
luckey lady!!
Diane send you fantastic creations.She is a great artist. I very love the presents. Have a nice day. Trudie

The Rustic Victorian said...

Oh Dorothe,....how pretty your package from Diane,,,,she is amazing, inspirational, and generous,,I follow her too.
Love
Marcie

Anonymous said...

Great gifts... Luck girl!

My Creative House said...

You are so lucky my friend, all these wonderful goodies, hvad kan du mon få ud af disse fine sager ?, en rigtig skøn gave du har fået, ha en rigtig dejlig weekend, håber du får travlt i butikken.
Knus Anni

Alisa Noble said...

Diane is such a sweetie and so talented! What a fabulous package!

Lynn said...

Beautiful gifts from Diane, it is so fun to receive this kind of mail, and so fast it arrived too :)

Anne Lorys said...

Hi Dorthe!

I wanted to thank for the wonderfully thoughtful comments you left on my last post, they really did mean so much to me.

All the best,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Dorthe, you're so kind to everyone and take so much time to visit each and every one of our blogs. We are always so delighted when you visit with us and have such sweet things to say. You deserve more surprises like this and I'm so happy to have "met" you through blogging and so happy that you enjoyed the little surprise!
Hugs to you!
I've had a busy week and hope it calms down a bit now so I can get back to my paper and glue! But today...it's off to the sewing machine to make a tea cozy for Clothworks. They sent me scraps of my Tea Party fabric and I promised I'd make a cozy. I'll post pictures when it's finished!
Have a wonderful weekend, sweet lady!
Blessings and hugs,
Diane